Monday, December 29, 2008

Robin's India-ish Adventure

Hi Everybody,

I haven't posted in a while. I've been away from India... I decided that I needed to get out. My adventure now ventures out of India, and raises a mixed bag of feelings. I'm glad that i get to get out and see familiar faces and to experience other countries, but I'm also sad that i didn't take advantage of the opportunity to travel India.

I just got back from a trip to Dubai to visit my best friend and his family for Christmas! It was a great to see familiar faces and to spend time with my second family.

To summarize up Dubai, it's an urban metropolis, with skyscrapers upon skyscrapers. Not to mention an indoor ski hill, the worlds largest mall (doubling the size of West Edmonton Mall), and world's tallest tower, the Palms (islands in the shape of a palm tree), and numerous exotic cars (ranging from Aston Martins, to Ferrari, to Lamborghini and of course Porche)

Currently back in Chennai for 24 hours and them i'm off to see my brothers for new years! Looking forward to it!




The Burj Dubai. It's the world's tallest building! If you were on the top floor, how you evacuate if there was a fire? Stairs would take you hours to climb down! Parachute?

SNOW!! the indoor ski hill!! A Winter Wonderland...kinda like Canada right now.

Cheers

Robin

No comments: