Monday, November 24, 2008

It's not your fault. It's me.

Dear India (Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India)

We need to talk. It's not your fault. It's me. I'm sorry i have to do this by blog, but I'm taking some time off from our relationship. I think it would make our bond stronger. I also think we should start seeing other people. I just never felt completely comfortable with you. You and I are too different and it seems like we come from different worlds. You like to measure rain in centimeters, while i like to measure rain in millimeters. From what I've seen of you, you like the heat and humidity, while at this time of the year, I like to see snowflakes, Christmas lights, and a Winter Wonderland. You like to drive like crazy maniacs and ignore the safety of pedestrians, while i like to drive speed limit and obey the rules of the road. You like to bargain and haggle people, and I believe in honestly and like to pay a HONEST fee/price. At the hostels, you like to limit internet connectivity, in fear of others abusing the internet and affecting their grades, and i believe in freedom and taking responsibility for my own actions. You like to take 'red tape' and bureaucracy and take it to the next level (that is unimaginable by a normal human being) and I am am just content with just plain regular 'red tape' and bureaucracy (thank you very much!). You treat the environment poorly (Litter Bug!), and i value and like to protect the environment. I like spending time in the unpolluted outdoors. You like to make things super complicated and I'm just your regular simple Canadian guy searching for some simple answers and his way in the world. You like to squat and I like to sit and I like to use hand soap and toilet paper. But hey! Look on the bright side, we didn't have to argue about the toilet seat being up or down!

I'll be leaving in 5 short days, in that time I'm just going to pack up a few things and take some time off from you. I'm going to see a different side of you, hopefully a more relaxed side, with charming beaches, friendly faces and away from the hustle and bustle of the urban city. I'll also be going to see other people and spend some time with them over Christmas and New Years. I need to get my head on right. At this point in my life, I just can't commit.

I'll be back by the middle of January. I hope we can work things out. Maybe I'll have a whole new perspective when i get back.

We're still friends right?

No comments: